29 November 2007

..I hear the sound of wedding bells!


This unavoidable post has been a while coming and is undoubtedly one of great significance in my life. It`s been sometime now, that I`ve been thinking about how to break the news. While some of you have been looking forward to this post, there are others who never saw this coming..so let me start with a preface.
Most of my readers are aware that both my brothers` marriages have been fixed. Thus, for a while now, I`ve been getting the inevitable question about when I`m tying the knot. So far, I`ve been saying that I dont plan to follow suit until the end of my PhD. However,they say marriages are made in heaven... and when heaven comes calling one always opens the door...
I`ve always had something of a mixed reaction to arranged marriages; While I`ve never argued against it, I`ve had my fair share of apprehensions. I`ve always doubted if an arranged marriage could ever lead one towards one`s perfect partner, and thus naturally I imagined the process to be a long and winding one with trials, errors, pitfalls, negotiations, compromises etc etc... However I`m more than happy to announce that I`ve been wrong. In my case, fate seems to have brought me directly towards everything I could ever wish for.
...and thus it is with great joy, I announce that my engagement has been fixed.(O.K, for those of you who didnt see that coming, sit back and take a deep breath!). My fiancee`s (although its yet to become official!) name is Rosa Abraham and she is currently teaching at Madras School of Economics (Anna university). I must admit, I`ve been more than completely blown over and I couldn't ask for a more perfect match!!
As for official dates, nothing has been confirmed as yet. I will be in India until January, and we expect to get engaged before I leave, most likely just after Christmas. Thus for those of you who can make it, please mark 26th in your diaries.
We hope you all share in our joy and we request your goodwill and prayers on this occasion. We look forward to hearing from you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey nice couple!
    Very good!
    All the very best to both of u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you !!
    Perfect match....All the best !

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats dude ..all the best to u n ROSA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...