16 April 2007

Release me!

Some advertisements can take u to another world..I`ve often discovered the best music in ads. Likewise I saw one yesterday.
It was an advertistement for Saab.




Its not the visuals that attracted me but the background song. So much so, that I set off on an internet mission to find the artist and listen to the whole song.
I succeeded..and maybe there may be some among my readers who shares my taste in music..so let me share what I found.

Its sung by a Swedish band called Laura ..and they are about to bring out their first album next month. Here`s a youtube video featuring them recording this very song.



Here`s the Lyrics to the song
I am the wilderness locked in a cage
I am a growing force you kept in place
I am a tree reaching for the sun
Please don't hold me down
Please don't hold me down

I am a rolling wave without the motion
A glass of water longing for the ocean
I am an asphalt flower breaking free but you keep stopping me
Release me
Release me

I am the rain that's coming down on you
That you shielded yourself from with a roof
I am the fire burning desperately but you're controlling me
Release me
Release me


and if , like me u like it so much, that u just have to have it...click THIS and save the file. Its from Saab`s own website.

To listen to two more songs from Laura, visit their My space site....and if u want their official website its here. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. hey thom...that was a good one..
    it suited Saab more than the actual music video footage..

    check nother fun commercial...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nq6OY7jgDw

    its just Lays chips...nothing very important, but i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on your page while looking for that song (thanks!). I moved to the UK a little over 2 years ago now... strange world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I also came across your page looking for this song. I'ts an amazing song, yet I had a lot of difficulty finding it, so thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi thomas
    i´m brasilian and you had a comentarie in my blog some months ago
    i´d like meet you =]
    can we be friends?
    i don´t know english very well
    but i´m trying ... hehehe
    do you speak some portuguese??
    do you have orkut??
    you can answer me in my blog
    makingmanyfriends.blogspot.com
    see you
    bye, bye =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...